Monday, August 25, 2014

Schmincke Horadam watercolour

So I have been eyeing the Schmincke palettes for ages, obsessively image searching for them.  It took me forever to realise how to spell Schmincke properly, with 2 c's.  Before I realised it, I thought they must not be a very popular brand of paint, they didn't show up anywhere.

Turns out I was so wrong.  It feels like they make every single metal palette that anyone has every had. 


Anyway, to save money (snigger), I thought I would allow myself ONE tube- their very special transparent orange.  Considered unique, it's a colour many artists like playing with. 

I painted with it, but alas, I don't think I'm a particularly orange sort of person.  

When I try and use up palettes (so that I can justify buying more), I really struggle with oranges and browns. Ugh. All the pumpkins, and staircases and chickens.  Not my colour.  I should have realised this and not buy any more oranges or browns. 

The colour itself is quite pretty. Don't get me wrong.

Schmincke is famous for non-muted color, loved by botanists and natural painters.  Their paints are designed to go well with each other. 

I guess now I will have to buy the other colours to go with it.  I guess I should buy that palette anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment