Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Staedtler Noris Club Aquarell watercolour pencils

There is an sketching art teacher in Sydney who recommends these pencils for their vibrant colour, and she sells them to her students as part of the materials list.  




I was in an Officeworks once, and heard a little Thai girl deciding between Staedtler and Faber Castell.  She wanted Faber Castell while her mom wanted Staetdler.  I opened my big mouth and recommended the Staedtler based on the art teacher and also poor experience / reviews with Faber Castell products.  ("Remember when Faber Castell sold good quality student art supplies?... Me neither.").

The price in Australia was quite prohibitative and so I refused to buy any.  (Eckersley 12 pack $12.55, 24 pack $24.65, 36 pac $36.70. ebay 12 pack for $13).

Imagine my glee when I happened to be in a Singaporean bookstore and found a 12 pack for $5.95.  I bought the 24 pack for $9.90, just because it was cheaper.  It was made in Germany and included a free brush. 

I made a swatch about a week later and was impressed by the softness of the colour pencils.

I went to a sketchclub outing and a girl complained about the Derwent pencils she had bought.  So I let her try these and she liked how soft they were and the colour they imparted. 

Very happy with purchase, but don't buy it in Australia! 

No comments:

Post a Comment