Thursday, August 7, 2014

Mont Marte Multicoloured Pencil Review

I do love colours.  Recently the blogosphere introduced me to some pretty amazing sketches done with multicoloured pencils.  
By Jennifer Lawson


So I really was itching to buy a multicoloured pencil to do some funky drawings.  They can be found easily - I saw them in plenty of museum shops and book stores.  

Koh-i-noor sells boxes of amazing pencils.  Some places sell them individually too.

Lyra also does some funky ones.


But they don't come cheap! I owned a multi-coloured pencil as a kid, so I'm sure they were more affordable that AUD$5 each. That pencil still is around somewhere at my brother's place.

Anyway, in comes 3 jumbo sized Mont Marte Multicoloured Pencils.  




The packaging was made of that plastic that's impossible to get things out of.  

The pencils are hexagonal with a glossy marbled finished.  They won't roll off the table.  The coloured leads are arranged in a checked-pattern.  Each pencil contains 3 colours.

Red-yellow-blue pencil: Fun.

Orange-yellow-pink pencil: Vibrant.

Red-white-blue pencil: I felt cheated and had a serious gripe about this one.  It looks just red and blue!  It didn't occur to me at the time to try it on toned or black paper, which might show up the white better. 

They can be erased a bit.

Some suggestions on use:
-Write with them. Short notes, lists, memos, letters
-Use a blender pencil to increase the subtleness of the line

Now I need to get a special jumbo pencil sharpener...


No comments:

Post a Comment